ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Ilya A. Kriveshko" <i...@kaon.com>
Subject Patch for optional Cab task.
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2001 19:29:53 GMT
Could someone qualified to make changes to CVS please apply the attached
patch?

Here is the background.

I tried to use cab task on Linux (with libcabinet), and ran into two
problems.
1) Task executed, but no cab file was created
2) No diagnostic information (error messages, error code, etc.) were
provided

After investigation, it appeared that "listcab" was executed in the
wrong directory - it did not respect the "basedir" attribute. Therefore,
listcab could not find the files it needed to archive. Also, the return
code of  the exec was not checked, and the output was not piped through
to the parent process. This might have not bothered the author (and
other users), because the basedir might have defaulted to the build's
top-level directory.

The enclosed patch fixes both problems:
1) calling Runtime.getRuntime().exec("listcab", null, baseDir);
2) by asynchronously gobbling listcab's output and error, and displaying
the result in case an error occurred

The file Cab.java uses different coding styles (for example, opening
curly brace placment) in different regions, so I tried to adhere to the
style of the region that I was working on. Hope I didn't offent anyone.

Module: jakarta-ant
File: src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/Cab.java

Please, e-mail me if someone actually applies this patch.
Thanks.
--
Ilya

P.S.: It's a superb tool you've made, guys. I am using XSL/T to
automatically generate buildfiles. Works like a song!