ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Burton" <bi...@progress.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Chop task
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2001 00:08:12 GMT
Hello,

Rather than writing a new task, adding this functionality to the <fixcrlf>
task may be appropriate.  In addition to fixing newlines, the task can fix
tabs.  Trimming trailing whitespace is related to what the task already
supports so it seems to me to be a logical extension of the existing
functionality.

If however, you want to trim arbitrary characters then it should probably
be done as a new task.

Although this could be done with the proposed <sed> task, it's not a "Pure
Java" solution.

-Bill