ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Antjar and Antlib
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2001 12:49:37 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Nov 2001 23:18, Conor MacNeill wrote:
>
>>Peter Donald wrote:
>>
>>>You agreed that it was a good idea but the implementation sucked - right
>>>? If so -1 implies you will help fix it. As I said last time - feel free
>>>to fix it.
>>>
>>Huh?. Please remove it and commit a more appropriate implementation and
>>I will remove my -1. It is your responsibility to fix it, not mine.
>>

> err. There was a discussion on general a while back on the meaning of -1. It
> was decided that a -1 on concept meant don't do it. A -1 on implementation of
> an idea meant I don't like it but I will help help to fix it. This was to
> stop people blocking development who weren't willing to help out. I am not
> sure of exact date of discussion but it should be available in general
> archives.
>
> Given that you can either help fix it ... or you can -1 the idea of a
> manifest task.

Can you provide a pointer to that discussion - I don't remember it. It
seems a stange process for developing quality software.

You have chosen to commit a task with significant problems. I have
pointed out those problems - I presume you acknowledge these. I'm not
blocking the concept just the implementation - I believe you are quite
capable of fixing that. As you have committed the task, I believe it is
YOUR responsibility to fix it.

Conor