ant-dev mailing list archives

From GuardianOfSt...@netscape.net (Edson Alves Pereira)
Subject RE: RE: <sed> task
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2001 12:06:07 GMT
Hello Tim, i'm checking some FAQs os sed to write the task but there're different commands
for each OS that sed was built. If you now some good resource about sed's commands please
let me known!

  With best wishes,
  Edson Alves Pereira

Tim Vernum <Tim.Vernum@macquarie.com> wrote:

>> <!-- Double space:-->
>> <sed cmd="G" file="my_file.java">
>> </sed>
>>
>> or
>>
>> 2.
>> <!-- Double space:-->
>> <sed cmd="sed.DoubleSpace" file="my_file.java"></sed>
>

>If you do go to #2, be very careful.
>"G" does NOT mean "DoubleSpace"
>
>G appends the contents of the hold space to the pattern
>space. IF your hold space is empty, then that results
>in a double spaced file, but that is more of a side
>effect, than the intention of the command.
>

>The information contained in this email is confidential.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you may not disclose or use the information in this email in any way.  Macquarie
Bank does not guarantee the integrity of any emails or attached files.

>--

///////////////////////////////////////
Better well done than well said.
 --//--