ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Albrecht, Matt" <matt.albre...@zilliant.com>
Subject RE: documenting a task
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2001 22:17:28 GMT
At my current company, I've designed an XSL-T stylesheet for a simplified
form of documenting my in-house ant tasks.  I could send an example XML and
the stylesheet out if anyone wants a copy, although it's somewhat
"optimized" for our particular environment*.  Also, there's a stylesheet for
the table of contents to list out the tasks and data-types in the left-hand
frame.

I know that the Jakarta standard is to use Velocity, but I was never able to
get it to work how I wanted.  So instead I just use the <style> ant task to
build this documentation.

* I created a <task-link name="taskname" />, a <data-link
name="datatypename" />, and a <ant-link href="relative to manual" /> helper
tags for easy linking to other tasks and the Ant online manual pages.

-Matt Albrecht