ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: three requests
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2001 14:45:33 GMT
On Fri, 30 Nov 2001 09:01, Richard Emberson wrote:
> The major part it to allow tasks to take over the parsing of the build.xml
> document possibly
> by allowing them to load their own DocumentHandlers. This requires the
> changes I
> outlined and could be done before namespace support (making sure there is
> no name collisions).

I am not sure we want to do this in Ant1 as it highly couples ant tasks to
XML libraries. We have discussed this in the past - and in fact a year and a
half ago I was pushing for much the same thing. In ant2 we will hopefully
allow tasks to get access to a representation of themselves (ie a TaskModel).

--
Cheers,

Pete