ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: <available> / <condition> breaking immutability
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 03:26:45 GMT
On Thu, 29 Nov 2001 13:15, Erik Hatcher wrote:
> Ok, I'm into these modifications, and just wanted to report on the
> progress...

your a legend.

> > > We should deprecate Project.unsetProperty also, right?  I did a search
>
> and
>
> > > none of Ant's code calls it.  Should we axe it altogether?  Or leave
> > > it, and deprecate it?
> >
> > deprecate and print a realy obnoxious message ;)
>
> If Stefan can refactor his test case to not use it then we can axe
> unsetProperty altogether.

Okay if thats possible then +1

> > >     <tstamp>
> >
> > fix.
>
> Done.  And I'm adding the prefix="..." attribute as suggested also - this
> will add the prefix + "." to all property names created (including any by
> <format> sub-elements).

kool.

> > >     <available>
> >
> > leave but issue annoying warning
>
> Done... but can't we just "fix" this one too?!  :))

+/- 0

Don't know how widely it is used. Someone else who knows better wanna comment
?

> > I mostly agree. I have a feeling that this approach will break down in
>
> some
>
> > cases but as of yet I can't think of any such case ;)
>
> I'm making test cases for all the ones I'm modifying.  XP-style.... write
> the test case first, watch it break, then modify the code and watch it
> pass!

always more satisfying I found ;)

> I should be done with the major changes shortly and will post the patch for
> all to review.

eagerly awaiting this ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete

When a stupid man is doing something he's ashamed of, he always
declares that it is his duty.
					 George Bernard Shaw