ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: <available> / <condition> breaking immutability
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2001 10:58:36 GMT
On Tue, 27 Nov 2001 21:51, Erik Hatcher wrote:
> > Thats like saying if you have <property/> task it should have the final
>
> say
>
> > on whether the property gets set or unset.
>
> Yes, I also considered the argument going that far too!  :)

;)

> > Heres my opinion...
> >
> > >     <available>
> >
> > leave but issue annoying warning
>
> Ok.... is this just to maintain the backwards compatible "back door"?

essentially. Mainly as Diane has recomended it a few times so we don't want
to upset anyone too much ...

> > >     <uptodate>
> > >     <junit>
> > >     <p4change>
> > >     <p4counter>
> >
> > leave but issue annoying warning
>
> Ok.  I suspect some folks might rely on the behavior of <junit>, run a
> series of tests and put them all to the same error or failure property,
> then do something based on the value of that property.  The way to get
> around that would be to have them all go to separate properties, then do a
> <condition> on them all to set a single property.

Okay - can junit store this result in different propertys? If so then lets
document it and document alternative approach (ie using condition) and THEN
issue an annoying warning ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete