ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <>
Subject Re: removing deprecated stuff
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2001 09:56:36 GMT
On Mon, 26 Nov 2001 20:50, Stephane Bailliez wrote:
> > exolab is just an example - I suspect you could ask Sam/gump
> > peeps to see the
> > full range of ant versions used in the projects it manages.
> > And remember that
> > these projects represent a best case example (ie Sam
> > regularly submits
> > patches to the projects to get them building in line and the
> > projects tend to
> > be more uptodate "open" projects).
> are fast in conclusion.
> These projects do not represent at all a best case example.

oh really?

> They just represent a sample of entropy since they are absolutely not
> coordinated.

except of course that gump runs them. This of course implies that they have
reached a high enough quality to be included based on their own merit or
because another project chooses to depend on them.

Oh and did I mention - Sam regularly sends patches to all these projects to
keep them compatible with ant and as uptodate as possible (because it breaks
gump if they are not).

No - no coordination here at all.

> They have nothing in commons...It's not like all these modules were made
> from the ground up to work together and therefore use a common set of third
> party and all synchronized together with defined milestone.

and whats that got to do with the price of cheese?

PROGRAM: n.  a magic spell cast over a computer allowing it to turn
one's input into error messages.  v.t.  to engage in a pastime similar
to banging one's head against a wall, but with fewer opportunities for

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message