ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: removing deprecated stuff
Date Sun, 25 Nov 2001 02:19:32 GMT
On Sun, 25 Nov 2001 10:31, Steve Loughran wrote:
> Actually, we can something very simple for deprecation:
>
>     pull the deprecated entry points out into a separate library.

works for me.

> Old build files work with the download of ant-deprecated-tasks.jar ;

I would prefer "ant-compat.jar" as thats the same pattern that xalan, avalon
and a few other libraries.

> all
> other d/ls are faster and dont make the tasks available,

The size of the jars are not really an issue I wouldn'y think. I would be
very surprised if they got close to 100k. So I would include it by default
and allow people to nuke em if they saw fit.

--
Cheers,

Pete