ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@rediffmail.com>
Subject Re: [GUMP] Test Failure - Ant
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2001 15:49:09 GMT

On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On 16 Nov 2001, Diane Holt <holtdl@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > /home/rubys/jakarta/jakarta-ant/src/etc/testcases/t-
> > askdefs/gzip.xml:22:
> > Src attribute must not represent a directory!
> >
> seems Magesh's patch has introduced a backwards
> compatibility
> problem 8-(

I looked at it as a bug - other tasks that accept files
but do not accept directories as inputs to the file
attribute throw build exceptions - so this task not
doing so didn't seem consistent - also I felt it
wouldn't introduce backwards compatibility as I didn't
think anybody out there would be trying to gzip
a directory, especially when it used to record an error
previously.  With all that said, I take responsibility
for not submitting the fix for the test case when I had
noticed it - I had an improved testcase in my machine,
but had forgotten to attach it to the patch :-(

Magesh