ant-dev mailing list archives

From Keiron Liddle <>
Subject Re: [SUBMIT] BZip2 and BUnzip2
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2001 09:19:23 GMT
Hi Magesh,

Just a follow up.
I had a look at the code on my computer so I could remember what I was up
to. It has been a while since I have done much (there have actually been
very few changes since it was first done in 1997).
I was in the process of trying to separate the sorting mechanism in the
output stream to make it simpler, be up to date with the latest c code and
use less memory. It is far from finished so if I ever finish I will submit
it as a patch.

On 2001.11.14 20:02 Magesh Umasankar wrote:
> Hi,
> Here are two new ant tasks - BZip2 and BUnzip2.  These
> two tasks use the BZip2 compression algorithm (Visit:
> for more info.) for
> packing and unpacking.
> These tasks resemble GZip and GUnzip tasks in input,
> input validation, etc.  Hence, I refactored GZip and
> GUnzip tasks as well so that the tasks GZip and BZip2
> extend from a common base class named Pack, and
> GUnzip and BUnzip2 extend from a common base class named
> Unpack.  This lays the foundation for creating more Pack
> tasks based on different algorithms like lzop, etc. in
> the future.
> The BZip2 and BUnzip2 tasks depend upon 4 classes:
> Keiron Liddle ( has graciously
> accepted to contribute the above code files he has
> authored, under ASF license - many thanks to him.  I
> have packaged them under,
> mimicking the package naming style that has been used
> for zip and tar tools we already have.  I have also
> given proper credits to him in the code.  Perhaps, this
> needs to exist under jakarta-commons, as Stefan had
> suggested, but till then...
> Please consider this patch for committing.
> Thanks,
> Magesh

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>