ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Would it be possible to reuse LGPL code?
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 10:17:58 GMT
Hi,

unfortunately the answer is basically "it depends". If the task is just
"using" library then you are fine. If the task is an "extension" to library
and does not add significant value then it must be LGPLed (or LGPL
compatible). The problem is the interpretation of various terms (ie use vs
extension, significant, etc) can vary widely from person to person.

Personally I have no problem with LGPL and use it all the time. However I am
not sure this is an opinion that is shared at Apache .. quite a few people
get narky if you link against LGPL. I would have no problem having ant tasks
depending on LGPLed libraries ... others may have other opinions ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete