ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] No need for CLASSPATH in ANT1
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 18:23:51 GMT
Hi,

This has already been approved for Ant2. IIRC Conor actually did some work
and got this working with Ant1.x a while back (or am I imagining things?).

The problem was that it is not backwards compatible and several tasks make
the assumption that the system classloader contains the ant classes. Hence we
can't really implement it in Ant1.

--
Cheers,

Pete