ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Ant2] Tasks as siblings of <target>
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 09:56:34 GMT
On Tue, 6 Nov 2001 20:58, Conor MacNeill wrote:
> > So you're saying that Ant2 will deprecate the ability to compile and
> > define a new task in the same build file? We do this in some of our
> > applications and its pretty darn useful.
>
> No not at all. I'm not saying that (although Peter seems to be saying no
> taskdef will be needed. I haven't delved into why, yet).

I have been saying there doesn't seem to be any need for taskdefs (or any
typedefs) except in the case that you want to compile the type and use it in
the same project. So basically all other uses *should* be covered by import
and for those cases where this is not viable then we can use *def.

--
Cheers,

Pete