ant-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Crutcher <cra...@wrq.com>
Subject <typedef> troubles
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2001 02:07:07 GMT
I'm having a bit of a problem getting custom types working. Given a new
type, 'MyType.java', and the following build.xml

1. <project name="myproject" default="all" basedir=".">
2.	<target name="mytarget" depends="init" >
3.		<typedef name="mytype" classname="MyType" />
4.
5.		<mytype id="mytype_instance1">
.			blah, blah, blah
.		</mytype>

.		<someNewTaskThatUsesMyType/>
.	</target>
.</project>

I get the following error message if I execute 'ant mytarget':

"<basepath>\build.xml:5: Could not create task of type: mytype. Common
solutions are to use taskdef to declare your task, or, if this is an
optional task, to put the optional.jar in the lib directory of your ant
installation (ANT_HOME)."

NOTE: MyType.java is in a JAR that is accessible to ANT and runtime. (I have
a task in the same JAR that is working just fine.)

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
-Cc.