ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Curt Arnold" <carn...@houston.rr.com>
Subject better <get> behavior when disconnected
Date Sat, 17 Nov 2001 06:40:59 GMT
I have a build script that uses extensive <get> tasks to download static resource files
from a web site (w3c.org) in preparation for building.  Since I know the web site content
should not change (since I'm using version specific URI's), as long as I have a local copy.
I know its good.

If I use usetimestamp="yes" then things move very quickly on successive builds, as long as
there is a network connection and not in an airplane.  In that case, the build becomes painful
since every attempt to download files takes forever even though you already have the right
files on your machine.

If should be fairly trivial to add an attribute to <get> that would indicate that the
content is static and that if a local copy exists there is no need to attempt to connect to
the source.  "static" seems to be the most descriptive and unambiguious term that I could
think of.

Any thoughts?