ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Curt Arnold" <carn...@houston.rr.com>
Subject Re: <sed> task (let sed be sed)
Date Sat, 17 Nov 2001 06:13:21 GMT
Tim Vernum wrote:
I guess it depends how much of sed you are planning on writing,
and more specifically whether you are writing a "sed" task, or
a regexp search/replace task.

If someone really wants to use "true" SED, then they put the appropriate
binary on their path and <exec>.   I agree with Tim that a regexp
search/replace task would be simpler to write and would cover the vast
majority of the uses of SED within Ant scripts.  I'd definitely appreciate
it since I have to tell people where to download the appropriate SED
binaries for their platform just to do some fairly simple file
manipulations.