ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: JSPC task - JRun support
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2001 19:42:12 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <Ken.Horn@ubsw.com>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2001 10:05
Subject: RE: JSPC task - JRun support

> Does the WLJspc use the main JSPC as a front end? The JRun jspc is just
> a Java class (it's an adapter for their JSPServlet). I think other than
> the JSP->java dependency checking it should just be morphing params,
> but then it doesn't have a -webapp option like Jasper does. In order to
> do the dependency check it would have to parse the file to find all the
> includes (directive).

no.

also, <jspc> doesnt use webapp, though I have the code to paste that in
somewhere. The original author left it out as with webapp the dependency
checking stops working. But since the dependency checking doesnt work when
the jsp page has an odd filename or source files come in a tree, I think
webapp should be looked at more closely.

<jspc> depends checking is a simple (destfile<sourcefile) test; no includes
directives, no tld references used either. Again, webapp might be better.

-Steve