ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: [IDEA] Polymorphic types
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2001 20:00:28 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Conor MacNeill" <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2001 05:50
Subject: [IDEA] Polymorphic types

> Attached is a patch to the IntrospectionHelper to give a little
> ploymorphic behaviour for nested elements. I haven't committed this as I
> thought I'd get some reaction first.

I like it. +1 on the idea. The implementation is moderately intimidating,
what with all the reflection and tests, but I will take your word the merits
of refactoring.

This now makes datatypes extensible without changing the task definitions,
which could lead to some interesting contributions by people.

Incidentally, I was thinking of putting up a sandbox area on CVS for work in
progress stuff that isnt quite ready to go into a nightly build yet... this
is the kind if raw stuff which could go in there.

-Steve