ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Should ANT2 be ANT3
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 13:27:18 GMT
From: "Jon Skeet" <jon.skeet@peramon.com>

> > Does this really makes any sense? What is there for advance
> > research, do you mean to say that an Apache group cannot think
> > on two or three product generations for now?
> > Are we condemed to only look one major release ahead?
>
> Well, they can do research with random codenames, of course, but I think
> when things start becoming more concrete, it makes sense to assign a
> version number.

But we started using the name ANT2, what a year and a half ago?
As far as I know there is no concrete architecture design that has
been voted, the only thing done is a list of features we would like
(more or less). That can hardly be catalogued as CONCRETE.

The only design is whatever Donald has done which I have never
seen it been discussed at any length or in detail. Are all the committers
happy with his design? Do you all understand and are ready to
approve it? I am not trying to pass judgement on the code, but
can we say we have things CONCRETE?

Jose Alberto