ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <>
Subject Re: Should ANT2 be ANT3
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 11:18:13 GMT
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <>

> On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Jose Alberto Fernandez <>
> wrote:
> > It is evident given the current state of affairs that ANT2 is at
> > least a year way or something like that.
> I have no idea, but I hope you are wrong.

I think Peter says 9 months, I suppose the assesment does not alot time
for any big confrontations (which are not uncommon) ;-)

> > So, why don't we modify the road map of ANT and introduce a 2.0
> > version which performs most of the cleaning, adds some of the
> > functionality but it is based in the current architecture
> Because we've raised high expectations for Ant2 that wouldn't be met
> by this step.

No one is advocating to sell (or promote it) as ANT2. It is just ANT1 Version 2.0.
ANT2 is a project, a code name if you want.
We should not confuse that with release numbers.

Jose Alberto

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message