ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Should ANT2 be ANT3
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 11:18:13 GMT
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>

> On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernandez@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> > It is evident given the current state of affairs that ANT2 is at
> > least a year way or something like that.
>
> I have no idea, but I hope you are wrong.

I think Peter says 9 months, I suppose the assesment does not alot time
for any big confrontations (which are not uncommon) ;-)

> > So, why don't we modify the road map of ANT and introduce a 2.0
> > version which performs most of the cleaning, adds some of the
> > functionality but it is based in the current architecture
>
> Because we've raised high expectations for Ant2 that wouldn't be met
> by this step.

No one is advocating to sell (or promote it) as ANT2. It is just ANT1 Version 2.0.
ANT2 is a project, a code name if you want.
We should not confuse that with release numbers.

Jose Alberto