ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Ant to manipulate URL's and not only files ?
Date Sun, 25 Nov 2001 21:56:14 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Loughran" <steve_l@iseran.com>
> WebDAV; PROPGET on the base URL will return child files and directories,
as
> opposed to the index page.

Uh, PROPFIND, that is!  :)

http://asg.web.cmu.edu/rfc/rfc2518.html#sec-8.1

> WebDAV would be very cool indeed, but I think WebDAV based deployment
should
> take priority over input. If you want webDAV input, both MacOSX and Linux
> have DAV filesystems which you just mount.

And there are ways to get drive mappings to WebDAV servers on Windows also
(WebDrive, for one... and isn't it being built into Windows XP?).

It looks like the Slide project has put their Ant tasks in the Attic for
some reason.  It wouldn't be too difficult to wrap Slide's API in a task to
publish a fileset similar to how FTP works.

    Erik