ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: removing deprecated stuff
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 09:47:10 GMT
From: "Stephane Bailliez" <sbailliez@imediation.com>

> eheh..good point indeed. What's the point of marking things as 'deprecated'
> if we don't want to do anything about it but wait for a major release to
> break everything...
>
> Ok. Looks like we are stuck here.
>
> There will be a -1 to remove deprecated stuff.
>
> And I would gladly vote -1 on removing the 'deprecation' because I feel we
> are encouraging code bloat and don't give a damn about the 'end-user' API.

Why don't we get unstuck by making a new major release.
As I said in another message, we could work on doing a major clean-up of ANT
remove deprecated APIs and the attribute standarization and call that 2.0.

ANT2 will then be future version 3.0 or 4.0 or watever once we decide how to do
all this features that we have been talking about.

Jose Alberto