ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: http tasks online unit tests
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 18:07:16 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2001 00:31
Subject: Re: http tasks online unit tests

> Wouldn't it be easier to base all this stuff on the HttpClient code
> from the JakartaCommons project?
>
> I haven't looked into it myself, but it would be silly to reinvent
> (for the third or forth time inside Apache Java projects) what is
> described at <http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/> IMHO.

I have thought about it, and it'd be a good todo item.

What I have to check in is based on the java.net package, so it works on 1.1
but has many quirky behaviours related to well known and sometimes less well
known aspects of the rt.jar implementation of client side RFC2616

> Support for HTTPS and Digest Authentication would drop out of this
> immediately and it comes with a fair number of Unit Tests.

yeah, and it works consistently, but only on java1.2+.