ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject building/testing
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 06:02:40 GMT
Everytime I've dug into building and testing Ant itself I end up fighting
through setup issues in order to get it working.

What is the official step-by-step way to build/test Ant, complete with
environment variable settings and such?  (I'm running Win2k, if that
matters)

I'm running 'build test' and getting failures on AvailableTest - test5,
because it can't find "available.xml".  I changed it to say
"src/etc/testcases/taskdefs/available.xml" and it worked fine, but then I
get failures later (test13b  - "expected:<true> but was:<null>").  I must
have a path or something set improperly.

I want to get the full test suite running cleanly before making any code
changes related to these property discussions, of course.  :)

One note: I did have to create c:\tmp as no tests would work until I did
that.  Shouldn't we feed off environment variables to make it work more
cleanly cross-platform?

Thanks for your help.

    Erik