ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Ant2] Tasks as siblings of <target>
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 21:18:51 GMT
From: "Peter Donald" <donaldp@apache.org>

> > If "import" is importing a task library, all this thing does is adding
> > tasks (and all the other things) to the registry - I don't see that as
> > part of the object model itself either.
>
> do you see java imports as part of the "object model" of a Java file ?

Interesting question. Of course one could say that java imports are just
a shortcut in the language since you could write the same program with the same
executing bytecodes if you use use full classnames for every Class mentioned in
your program. So you could say they are not part of the model.

On the other hand, the package declaration is part of the model.

Now this is two things are different from the <import> task IMHO because
<import> (or whatever we call it) is not replaceable by something else
and keeping the same meaning.

Jose Alberto