ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Remote Ant Tasks contribution
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2001 23:49:05 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: <otisg@ivillage.com>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2001 5:01 PM
Subject: Remote Ant Tasks contribution

> Below is a response from the author of the Ant article mentioned on
ant-user list the other day.
> The author describes Ant in hsi article and describes Ant tasks that he
wrote and that allow Ant to push releases on remote machines.

> I think this would be a great addition to Ant and, as you can see, the
author is willing to contribute the code to the Ant project.

> Could the people in charge of stuff like this include this in one of the
next Ant releases?

Have you had a look at the source and/or have you tried to run it? Any
success?

Looks like a quick hack for me in the current state, i.e. RemoteAntHandler
extends o.a.t.a.Main, but uses Runtime.exec to execute the build (at least
it seems so, it does not work for me -( - it does not print "Hello" and it
does not print a StackTrace)

This thing would really need some work before we could include it (if we
need it?)

Nico