ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Copy task and remote files
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 11:13:48 GMT
> On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Magesh Umasankar <umagesh@apache.org> wrote:
> > 8.  Introduce subelement <urlset> to be used within <copy>
> > 9.  If <urlset> is used, do not add the attributes url, username,
> > password.

Can't you just provide this <urlset> as a Datatype subclass of <fileset>?
Given the new introspection rules that allow use of subtypes this may
just provide the avility of using URLs in any place a <fileset> can be used
today. I am not sure if this is completely possible or if it would require
some major refactoring of the <fileset> code.

All the URL specific attributes: user, passwd, etc. Can be part of the datatype.

What people think?

Jose Alberto