ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject [PROPOSAL] No need for CLASSPATH in ANT1
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 13:26:56 GMT
Hi,

I have been working for a while on how to remove the need to much with the classpath in order
to use ANT.
The idea is to have a very small loader which is used as the basis to load all the actual
classes of ANT1.

The bulk of the loader (MainClassLoader) is based on AntClassLoader code after removing all
references to
ANT defined objects. The next step would be to rewrite AntClassLoader as an extension of this
class which
should be extremely simple to do.

Here is the code I have, it is not in the current ANT packages hierarchy, that is for you
to concider.
MainClassLoader may be a candidate for jakarta-commons.

This code makes the java.class.path by simply "antloader.jar" which means that tasks that
require to look at
this property in order to do its job may need some rework (e.g., jikes).

Jose Alberto