ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Curt Arnold" <carn...@houston.rr.com>
Subject Re: better <get> behavior when disconnected
Date Sun, 18 Nov 2001 03:09:15 GMT
> Now, what you seem to want instead is an option to only fetch a file if it
> doesnt exist locally, not doing timestamp polling. Is that right?

Yes, that was what I was trying to express in my initial message.  A
"static" attribute would indicate that the content referred to was known to
be unchanging and so a local copy could always be safely relied upon with no
need to attempt to contact the server.

If I skip the download because the server wasn't available (or the user
turned the off-line property on) and the file hasn't already been loaded
then the downstream processes will fail with possibly misleading
diagnostics.