ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Why is TaskdefsTest not in a normal ant build?
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2001 19:06:25 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Conor MacNeill" <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2001 10:26 PM
Subject: RE: Why is TaskdefsTest not in a normal ant build?

> I would like to reorg the TaskdefsTest class anyway. I would rename it
> BuildfileTest, being a test which uses a build file since there are a
number
> of tests, particularly datatype tests that are not taskdefs, as such. This
> would clean up some package dependencies too.

I've just thought of a little bit of feature creep here. Today you can run a
test and state that you expect a build exception string passed in -but how
about you can have some extension of that
expectBuildExtensionStartsWith( ) which expects a build exception which
begins with the
chosen string, but can contain extra test.

this makes it easier to test all those exceptions which include filenames
and things in the error text.

-Steve