ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: <available> / <condition> breaking immutability
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2001 10:56:56 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Loughran" <steve_l@iseran.com>
> > to manually specify <tstamp>?!  :)   - this would actually make life a
bit
> > easier so you could specify other properties relying on a datestamp
before
> > the first <target> declaration rather than having to have an 'init'
target
> > do this for you.
>
> makes sense, if they had names like ant.build.today, ant.build.tstamp. but
> would they be inherited in <ant>?

They should be user properties and hence carried forward by <ant>
automatically.  That seems reasonable to me.

> (*)hey, maybe, just maybe, we could make <tstamp> a sibling of target :-)

I thought of this also.  I'm not sure if one or both of these things should
be added or not.  I like the implicitly provided time stamps, but allowing
the user to define a custom date outside a target is a good thing also.  Any
reason not to add <tstamp> to the "special" tasks that can be outside
target?

    Erik