ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Ant2] Tasks as siblings of <target>
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 16:13:39 GMT
From: "Peter Donald" <donaldp@apache.org>

> > One thing that I would like to be able to do is for ANT to have a more
> > reasonable implementation of <antcall>. Today every <antcall> reads
and
> > parses the project file over and over. Which looks like a waist and makes
> > the file system the only way for GUIs to communicate with ANT. What we
> > really need here is to be able to reause the internal representation of the
> > Project at the point where properties have not been applied to attributes.
> > That would allow for its evaluation as parameters. Any ideas on how to do
> > this efficiently?
>
> easily done. However that has been -1'ed as a use case so ... ;)

I do not know what you mean?
Has <antcall> being -1 as user pattern?
Have settle that the only way to execute a project is from the file system?
Otherwise, I do not see how a "use case" can be use to veto some particular
implementation approach. Or do you mean something else?

The funny thing is that we have a "compiled" version of the project model,
the Project object, but this object is not reusable since we pollute it with
execution state as we go thru it. I hope we can change that in ANT2.

Jose Alberto