ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Should ANT2 be ANT3
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 00:14:26 GMT
It is evident given the current state of affairs that ANT2 is at least a year way
or something like that. In the mean time we are stuck with these discussions about
backward compatibility and people vetoing down any attempt to remove bad old code
because of the release number.

So, why don't we modify the road map of ANT and introduce a 2.0 version which performs
most of the cleaning, adds some of the functionality but it is based in the current architecture
that is: no new container design, no aspects (whatever they are). Most users tasks should
still work but no guarantees.

This will also give more time to consolidate the ideas for ANT2 (or shall I say ANT3).

Thoughts,

Jose Alberto