ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: removing deprecated stuff
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2001 19:54:35 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2001 2:25 AM
Subject: Re: removing deprecated stuff

> On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Peter Donald <peter@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > I am sure I recall the names of attributes changing, aswell as
> > interpretations of some attributes.
>
> For the former, I can only remember changes that also kept the old
> version around (accompanied by deprectaion warnings) - the later have
> been big-fixes off course 8-)

<propertyfile> changed a couple of months back, just after 1.41, such that
the default attr was suddenly mandatory. Broke my build for a hour or so;
may affect others when 1.5 ships/

That's has been about it since August '00, as far as changes that broke my
build go.

Oh, one exception. I was trying to build jswat this July and it must have
been using an old 1.1 v. of ant cos they werent explicitly copying data
files into the jar, javac was doing it automatically. That build "worked",
but the result failed. [Moral: junit tests]

-steve