ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Expressing BuildListeners (was Re: [Ant2] Tasks as siblings of <target>)
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 10:37:49 GMT
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>
> On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Steve Loughran <steve_l@iseran.com> wrote:
>
> > Could/should this construct also include definitions of things like
> > buildlisteners?
>
> This can be done from inside a task (<sound> and <record> are
> examples), but things like attaching aspect handlers will be tied
> closer to Ant's core than that.  One could do this using tasks as
> well, but these tasks will be exposed to internal changes in Ant's
> core a lot more than "normal" tasks.

One of the problems I have with how to define BuildListeners inside
Buildfiles is how to mannage <ant> and <antcall> tasks. When I made
a recursive call using <antcall> do I create new listener instances?
This is certaintly not the behaviour I want in most situations (e.g., E-mail).

To that extend, it seems like listeners in Buildfiles need to be treated
in a special way. Notice that tasks similar to <sound> and <record> are fine
as long as one knows such composition may be instantiated multiple
times.

Jose Alberto