ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: <available> / <condition> breaking immutability
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2001 21:49:05 GMT
From: "Bruce Atherton" <bruce@callenish.com>

> Thanks for that. Your solution would indeed be fine in this case.

Your welcome.

> What I am really arguing, though, is that there are good reasons to allow
> the system to produce values that change. <tstamp> is one example, but as
> Ant progresses there will be others.

Here you are talking to a brick wall ;-)

I am one of the most stringent believers in property inmutability. 8-)
I think it is the right thing and it should be enforced FORCEFULLY.

I have advocated for some additional control structures which I think
may be used to solve most of the problems trying to use mutability.

ANT is (or should be) a declarative language. the most we deviate from it
the worst it is going to get.

Jose Alberto