ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] No need for CLASSPATH in ANT1
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2001 09:39:00 GMT
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>

> On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > IIRC Conor actually did some work and got this working with Ant1.x a
> > while back (or am I imagining things?).
>
> He tried to get it working but got stuck with a ton of problems IIRC -
> many tasks need an XML parser or tools.jar and expect them to be on
> the system classpath, adapting the built-in task looked like more than
> a bit of a hassle.

I am not going to keep on biting at this horse, but let me just say that
the code I provided passes the basic tests. It needs to be tested with
someone having all the optional stuff. But I do not have most of the required
libraries.

The least we should get from such exercise is the list of tasks that would
need to be modified in order to support this functionality.

Even if many tasks need to be changed for ANT2, we need to understand
and probably start fixing the tasks that rely on the CLASSPATH.

Jose Alberto