ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: removing deprecated stuff
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 14:46:33 GMT
> From: Conor MacNeill [mailto:conor@cortexebusiness.com.au]

> > I have to disagree. Deprecation is an indication that a
> > feature is going to be removed

-0

Reason for -0 is IMHO we cannot always assume that Product X
would have shipped relevant version of ant.jar along with its
build.xml.  User who has latest version of Ant may then not be
able to build Product X without having to fix Product X's build.xml,
though no fault of hers.

> > and its future use is not  supported.

+1

> > If we could never remove such features, then why bother
> > deprecating at all? Is it just to make the build output ugly?

How about showing deprecated warnings only when ant
is run in -deprecated mode?

Magesh