ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/compilers DefaultCompilerAdapter.java
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2001 17:23:36 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2001 6:42 AM
Subject: Re: cvs commit:
jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/compilers
DefaultCompilerAdapter.java

> On 20 Nov 2001, <umagesh@apache.org> wrote:
>
> >   New debuglevel attribute for Javac - will be used only when the
> >   modern complier is used.
>
> Why doesn't classic for JDK > 1.1 use it as well?  extJavac?

Hmmm...  Good point.  How do I test what version of compiler is being used?
What's the deal with extJavac?  I searched for debug flag -g being set and
this was the place where it was being...

> You should also explain that the attribute will be ignored unless the
> user specifies debug="true".

Yup.  Will fix that.

Magesh