ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject handling timeouts
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 03:43:04 GMT
This is iteration#4 of the code; it is the cleanest solution I can come up
with.

1. Execute exposes a method killedProcess() which it hands off to its
watchdog member if that member is assigned.

2. ExecTask tests this and prints a warning.
     [exec] Timeout: killed the sub-process

The nice thing about this solution is that any task using ExecTask for its
own business does not experience any difference; no messages or anything,
yet can easily probe for a timeout if it wants.

The only remaining Q. is what message to print? Is the one I've done
adequate?