ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Tulley" <JTUL...@novell.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant/types PathTest.java
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2001 20:00:12 GMT
Looking at the Os Condition code, we would need to do one of two things:
1) Add the following lines somewhere early in the method:
  if ((new Os("netware")).eval() == true) {
      return "javadoc";
  }

OR

2) Leave the code as-is, realizing that the "if(jdocExecutable.exists())" will always fail
on NetWare, resulting in the else case - returning "javadoc".   This is because javadoc on
NetWare is really simply a command-line extension, not an executable sitting on the disk somewhere.

Do we want to rely on the failure case taking care of us?  If so, the code does not need to
be changed for NetWare.

Jeff Tulley  (jtulley@novell.com)
(801)861-5322
Novell, Inc., the leading provider of Net services software.

>>> bodewig@apache.org 10/31/01 5:10:01 AM >>>
A special heads up for Jeff Tulley, I don't know whether Netware will
be considered a part of the dos family by the <os> condition - if so
we may need to change Javadoc and CommandlineJava where the code adds
the extension .exe to either javadoc or java.

Stefan