ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Tulley" <JTUL...@novell.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant ProjectTest.java
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2001 20:08:25 GMT
This same phenomena occurs on NetWare.  Timing values of 1987 and 1977 (should be 2000) occasionally
occur.  I think it has to do with the resolution of the timers in the JVM.

I was going to bring this up, but wanted to explore OS issues first to see if it is all on
our side.  The sleep delays being innaccurate change sounds good to me!(or your other change
suggestion)  Either that or I will just ignore the test every time it fails on NetWare...

Jeff Tulley  (jtulley@novell.com)
(801)861-5322
Novell, Inc., the leading provider of Net services software.

>>> steve_l@iseran.com 10/18/01 11:01:37 AM >>>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2001 05:53
Subject: Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant
ProjectTest.java

> On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Nico Seessle <nico@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > But org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.SleepTest fails sometimes for
> > me... Don't know why, sorry.

hey, that is v.wierd.

All that test does is verifies that the duration of the test exceeds that
specified delay. Now maybe either the OS doesnt sleep that long, or the
timer for measuring sleep delays is inaccurate. We could add in more support
for approximate errors, or just take the actual timing out of the test
altogether and just retain the argument checking.

-steve