ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Tulley" <JTUL...@novell.com>
Subject disregard my FileUtils patch
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2001 20:24:39 GMT
I have found some problems with my FileUtils patch, namely:
   - it is not up to spec - it does not upper case the NetWare volume name.  I must have missed
that part of the spec
   - There are other problems with some border cases that have come out as I have added NetWare
specific test cases in FileUtilsTest.java

I'll get these fixed.

Now, I'm wondering about some basic functionality here that I might be misunderstanding.
Are resolveFile and normalize supposed to be able to handle all three types of file system
names, "/usr/bin", "c:\temp", and "sys:/tmp" while executing on any given system, or is it
ok for "sys:/tmp" to be handled only when executing on NetWare, or "c:\temp" to be handled
when executing on Windows, etc?  If I need to handle everything on every system, then I'll
have to refactor resolveFile and normalize a whole lot more.  The going assumption used to
be that if it contained a ":" as the second character, that was automatically a windows path.
 Things get a little more complicated for general support if that colon can move to later
in the string and still represent a valid "drive" name.(really, a NetWare volume).

Jeff Tulley  (jtulley@novell.com)
(801)861-5322
Novell, Inc., the leading provider of Net services software.