ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Optional Task Submission: Jakarta-Tomcat 4.0 manager webapp tasks
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2001 13:17:37 GMT
On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, Bree Vanoss <Bree_Vanoss@amsinc.com> wrote:

> I've submitted the tasks to the tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org list
> and will post to this list a link if/when they accept the tasks.

OK, especially if they don't accept it.

> Thanks for your direction. I wasn't sure whom to submit the optional
> tasks to, but since there are optional tasks on the ant site I sorta
> figured that the ant group was the appropriate place.

It is, but it gets hard for the committers if we maintain too many
tasks.  Some of the tasks have a very clear and limited focus and may
best suited if they live closer to the intended audience IMHO.

> Maybe a sentence or two could be added to the "optional tasks" or
> "developing with ant" sections of the documentation that concisely
> states what to do if you (the ant user) want to share your custom
> tasks with the world.

I'm not sure whether there is any hard and fast rule for that.

Thanks

Stefan