ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Ant2] Tasks as siblings of <target>
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2001 13:38:36 GMT
On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Oct 2001 17:42, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>
>> Declaring TaskContexts (whatever that will be), declaring and
>> attaching build listeners from within a build file, ...
>
> those examples work.

So would you still prefer hardcoded names in the build file parser?

> Fine grain services allow tasks to do more interesting stuff but
> also could be a maintanence nightmare and overly constraining as we
> evolve. Large interfaces can be inflexible.

Let's examine what the container needs to provide from our current
knowledge and not stretch that too far.  Combined with a note that the
API for "privileged" tasks could be changed even in minor releases,
this should work.

Back to the original subject - would we allow such "privileged" tasks
to live at the same level as targets and how would we identify them?

Stefan