ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FileSet of 1 file?
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2001 09:27:02 GMT
On Wed, 10 Oct 2001, Conor MacNeill <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>
wrote:

> A filelist type was added just prior to the 1.4 release and would
> seem to be more appropriate. Whether the two could be unified, I
> haven't look into yet.

I wanted to look into that, but got distracted.

Anyway, any kind of unification we could achieve will probably not
work well with Ant's handling of nested children - we need to change
that for Ant2, things like specifying an interface in addXYZ methods
where the concrete implementation would be based on the attributes, we
already have a couple of FileSet subtypes that could be used in more
uniformly.

Stefan