ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs Ant.java
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2001 09:38:02 GMT
On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:

> <ant antfile="build.xml" dir="../.." target="compile"
>      inheritall="false"/>

This is supposed to set the basedir of the called project to
../.. where this ../.. will be resolved as being relative to the
current project's basedir.

> What happens is that the base build.xml inherits the current
> projects basedir and does not use it's own

(should do so if you omit the dir attribute)

> , nor does it use the dir passed in.

Sure?  I don't really see how this could happen from looking at the
code:

            if (dir != null) {
                newProject.setBaseDir(dir);

strange ...