ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Ant2] scoping of properties
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2001 15:03:17 GMT
On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Conor MacNeill <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>
wrote:

>> (4) Target scope - properties that are available only in the target
>> that defines them.
>
> I would argue that we would still have an enclosing buildfile scope
> (populated by top-level tasks/types/blah).

I see problems with the statement in parens, as this implies you
couldn't set build file scoped properties from within targets - we
cannot make a restriction of that sort without getting toasted (and
rightly so).

> We need to define the scope of command-line properties. ie. (3) is
> still a hierarchy.

I'd say command line properties and properties passed into subbuilds
via nested <property> tags should have the nested scope of (1).

Stefan